BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Lingerie...

P.s. read the purpose of my blog before bashing me (if you hate this post). Its about me not anyone and doesn't serve the purpose of making you feel like you should jump in a well! Much LOVE and MWUAHS!!!

I always dream of raiding Victoria Secret after getting engaged (still very much for the abstinence until marriage). I go there every now and then but not to 'raid' the place. Walking up to a store assistant and say "I'm an engaged virgin who wants 'bulk-pack of twelve' lingerie for her honeymoon." I can imagine. Loool!!!!! That's kinda wierd.

The story: I went to the mall a while ago and my friend and I passed a sexy underwear section of some store (not VS though).

She said "Oh I wish I had a boyfriend so I'll buy underwear!"

I said "Sorry my boo doesn't even get anything thing." (Boo shouldn't be a motivation for my purchase)

Finally when we got to Victorias' Secret store and

I was like, "I don't need to get anything there now. I can't wait to 'raid' this store when I'm engaged." (Note I said 'raid' oh! As in bulk purchase)

She said "You need to go there BEFORE so you can actually get the engagement."

I said "And what if after spending money, sharing the goodies, I don't get an engagement ring?"
I was quite pissed that her mind was so jaded. She has friends who are single teenage mums, a few with AIDs (like most girls at her high school aren't in college) and others got married as teens. Not to judge her, but I couldn't believe after her experiences, she would be reasoning like that.

So I'm not marriage material until sex comes in? I can't be proposed to with because of personality, intelligence, cooking skills (lol!), hardwork, honesty, being caring, beauty, ...
I watched the latest Two/Three Can Play that game (seen that movie?) and it was interesting but nothing I believed work in reality. Won't talk about the movie just see it for yourself.

Sex= Love (For me, personally, love translates some strong long lasting relationship like marriage) so its your choice right?

I love a little mystery (Maiden's secrets!!!)

So is VS the only way to get hitched? What happens when 'something' happens and you can't rock the VS. (Even 27yr old, Adrianna Lima, Victoria Secrets' model is a virgin and claims to be waiting. )

(re-modified) Of course, I'll buy VS for myself but I meant I'm not very compelled to as fruit-of-the loom and marks&spencer underwear is good enough. My best friend promised me VS for my birthday so I'm waiting for her. Ya get?

So I need y'alls opinion, Is sexy lingerie the only way to get a guy committed to the relationship?

My friend L, I still love you girl but seriously!!!

30 comments:

Sugabelly said...

I'm a little confused.

Are you saying that you can't wear pretty underwear for yourself until you get engaged?

Sexy lingerie/makeup/clothes/diamonds have never been about men, as much as they might think that it is.

If you like something and you like the way it makes you look. Wear it for yourself. Marriage has nothing to do with it.

Abujamaiden said...

I modified the post again.

I definitely buy fabulous underwear for myself but not in large scale.

My question/ point of the post was

"Is Underwear the only way to get a guy committed (popping the question 4 example)?"

~Sirius~ said...

Answer :No.

In fact once you give up the goods, your likely to have dropped a few holding point (Although some guys claim they prefer non-virgins, don't know how true that is.)

About the underwears, I would say you can buy some for your self every now and then so you can learn how to work them when the right time comes.......Vickies are just to good to wait for bulk purchases.

Teeee said...

Your dignity and charm will attract a real man. You don't have to drop your knickers to get one. I love nice lingerie but I do it for myself, not any bobos eyes. Sets are amazing and I've almost converted all my u/w to sets. La Senza is good too, do you guys have that over there? I hear VC is a bit pricey, do it bit by bit.

I totally agree, SEX = LOVE. Some people have had to learn it the hard way.

wordsmith said...

hmm the lingerie dilemma. i remember buying fancy underwear because i loved wearing it and when i went to visit naij my mum thought i must have become sexually active lol

Tolulope Popoola said...

The answer to your question is NO. Having sex with a guy will not make him love you more, and it will not make him want to propose to you if he doesn't want to.
On the lingerie aspect, I think you can treat yourself to the things you like now. Why wait until you have a man to "see" it. In fact, lingerie is made for ladies, most guys don't care about them as much as the advertisers would have us believe.

Yankeenaijababe said...

@Abujamaiden

The answer is No. Victoria Secret lingerie would not make the guy committed or propose to you. Buying sexy underwear or lingerie for yourself is not until you are married first. You can spoil yourself sometimes. Hey girl, we live in the twentieth century and life is all about having fun. True love is when the guy knows your nutty ways and still loves you. Not sex,lingerie, passion...more to love than undies sister.

Wishing ya a fun Xmas in advance.

tobenna said...

Sexy lingerie is not the only way to get a guy commited.
It is definitely a way though.

Anonymous said...

Guess the classic answer is that the right dude will come along -- VS or no VS.... But if the truth be told -- some VS class stuff on the outside might help him make up his mind quicker u know...... Just kidding...........

LovePaprika said...

are u honestly asking that question?! of cos not!!! dont let anyone get u thinking crap...just be wat u r for YOUR own reasons not for anyone else's...people r different honey! like tina said some learnt the hard way...from wat i have experienced if u r def. having sex someday after marriage u aint missing out! :) buy lingerie's for u! I have piping hot lingerie's n i dont have anyone to show them to :( but it makes me feel good and its for me!

Rebirth said...

sex has nothing to do with getting a guy........
treat urself to nice lingerie for ur own sake and not for a guy's.

doll (retired blogger) said...

OF COURSE NOT

flabby said...

lol- i actually dont think she meant literally that without the underwear you cant secure a man!! but anyway, to be perfectly honest i dont get why ur asking the question!! im sure u know people that have got the proposal without the underwear- in life there are no hard and fast rules to anything- everyone is different- so to be honest even people that claim a guy loses respect or wateva after sex-i dont think thats necessaily true..ok im typing too much now..xx

Seduction Club said...

yes ladies, be sexy for you.

i just love walking up and down my apartment in my sexy underwear plus i hate the feel of clothes on my body.

Zayzee said...

u r good jare. nothing wrong with waiting till u r married. and u will definitely get a ring without sex. u r walking according to the path of God, so His promises will find u

nothing wrong with wearing sexy undies for urself

Beyond said...

definately agree with what everyone has said ....sex ain't gat anything to do with getting a good guy to give a ring....

Shubby Doo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shubby Doo said...

i think every girl should get a little speciall something for HERSELF every couple of months.

i get that you want to raid it on a large scale when you get engage...me 2...well not quite...not a VS lingerie fan...i abhor the quality...if you're ever in france try 'darjeeling'...A-MAZ-ING

Anonymous said...

I say DO YOU no matter what anyone says becuase anyone that is mocking you now for not giving up the goodies will be the first ones to be talking bad about you when you are an unwed single mother.

Chris Ogunlowo said...

I copy Uzezi!

Buttercup said...

if anyone thinks sexy lingerie is the only way to get a guy committed, i dunno what to say bout the person! and IF a guy happens to get committed by that means, he must be a tad bit shallow..

bob-ij said...

Sexy lingerie is definitely not a major factor in getting a guy committed.

It's makes me feel good though even though no one really knows :D
More like I have a secret.

I respect your desire for abstinence. Good luck!

Abujamaiden said...

Thanks for all your comments. I read each of them over and over again.

I have assurance that I am not crazy. Lol!

La Reine said...

..just found your blog

Girl, you can rock the VS now if you want. It doesn't imply that you're getting down - just do it for you.

-If its about chilling for your wedding night, I share your wait stance - but I don't think that should be connected to the kind of lingerie you buy.

aloted said...

I am going to write my comment before i read what others have said.

sexy lingerie is NOT the only way to get a guy committed to the relationship. Infact in my opinion it is not a WAY to get a serious man.

After marriage, lingerie it is definitely necessary.

Of cuz you can get sexy lingerie for yourself as a single girl...it is about YOU and what you wanna do...pls enjoy your single years

~Sirius~ said...

hey, why can't i see your new post= Henna Art?

ibiluv said...

sex is not the reason people get married

Third World Profashional said...

sweetie rock the VS for yourself jare. Keep up the whole legs crossed thing, sex isn't really all that.

thanks for your comment

Jadore-Fashion said...

lovely post, liking the topic. i love lingerie, i wear it for me, but i don't indulge so much on it compare to clothes.
xx

Abujababe said...

Well i know that sexy lingerie makes a girl feel good about herself, hell there's a spring to my step when am wearing something sexy on he inside.

I dunno about VS but Ann Summers does it for me anyday; and keeps the men as well :}